Founded in 1952, World Leisure Organization (WLO) is a world-wide, non-governmental association of persons and organizations dedicated to discovering and fostering those conditions best permitting leisure experience as a force for human development and well-being.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (only for paying the WLO Membership Fee) or other details to help you with your experience in order to provide our services.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you only when you register on our site as Member, subscribe to a newsletter or fill out a form related to any of WLO programmes and events.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, pay membership fee, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature related to WLO
- To quickly process your membership data, fee transactions and renewals, in order to gain all benefits and opportunities.
- To send periodic emails regarding WLO news, projects and activities.
We process the information you provide us with the purpose of keeping you informed of the different job vacancies in our organization. The data provided will be kept until the award of a job or until you exercise your right of cancellation, therefore you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its erasure when the data are no longer necessary. The data will not be transferred to third parties except to some consultancy office in order to do the recruitment task.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to reach a high level of safety for your Personal Data.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
For monitoring traffic on our website, we also use Google Analytics. Therefore, we allow Google to use their cookies on our website.
The type of cookies that we use are called Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect aggregated information about how visitors use our website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to provide statistical information about our website as a whole.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless to respond to lawful requests by public authorities or improve our own services (bookkeeping, IT services,….)
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party information in our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By accessing their private Member Area.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
We also agree to the principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only those individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. https://www.fcc.gov/proceedings-actions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree with the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU residents data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. In accordance with that law, WLO informs you that:
- The controller of your personal data is World Leisure Organization, a non-profit organization registered in the State of New York, U.S.A. taken up in 306 West south St. Greenville 488838. Michigan USA. For Personal Data Purposes our representative is our Scientific and Technical Secretariat.
- Our legitimate interest, and legal basis, for processing your Personal Data is to provide you the services and information agreed.
- Your Personal Data will be retained until two years after the end of our relationship.
- Your Personal Data can be processed in order to focus the information you receive.
- You have the right to request from the representative of the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
© 2018 World Leisure Organization. All rights reserved.
World Leisure Organization is a non-profit organization registered in the State of New York
World Leisure Organization (WLO) | Scientific and Technical Office | Arenal 1. Segunda Planta| 48005 Bilbao, Spain